You can now fill out an application for child support services online and submit it electronically. It is easy, safe, and no cost to you. If you would like to proceed and open a case, please fill out an application for services:
To Our Customers
- The Fresno County Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) lobby is open by appointment only. All appointments will be held on Wednesdays and will be reserved for customers who must certify documents at DCSS. Customers will not be seen without a scheduled appointment. Please be prepared to be screened and wear a mask when meeting with DCSS staff.
- If you need to drop-off documents or legally serve our office, a secure drop box has been placed in the lobby of the County Plaza Building.
- If you need to make a payment in person, our TouchPay kiosk has been moved to the lobby of the County Plaza Building. Effective August 1, 2020, there is a 2.2% card processing fee on all credit and debit card transactions. Cash transactions are free.
- Customers who normally make cash payments using the kiosk also have the option to use our PayNearMe service which is available at 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, CVS, and Ace Cash Express stores. Customers will need a payment code, which they can get by calling (866) 901-3212.
- Customers are encouraged to conduct their Child Support related business using one of the following methods:
- Customers can call (866) 901-3212, or
- by using our online case service option, Customer Connect, which is the best option at this time. In Customer Connect, customers can send an electronic message to a worker and set-up text messaging options.
- Our call center hours are 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Monday - Thursday, and 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM on Fridays (excluding holidays).
- We appreciate your understanding during this time, and we hope that everyone stays healthy and safe.
If you receive your child support payments by paper check, please consider enrolling in Direct Deposit or Electronic Payment Card as mail rooms and post offices may be forced to delay deliveries. Visit the California State Disbursement Unit website and choose the "Custodial Parties" option.
For daily updates, please visit the California Child Support Services website.
For more information regarding COVID-19, please visit Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the Fresno County Department of Public Health.
New! Formerly Assistance Pass Through
Due to a change in California law, many customers who previously received public assistance may begin receiving payments, or additional payments, from the Department of Child Support Services beginning in Spring/Summer 2024. You may access more information regarding this change in the law at Family Code Section 17504.2.
To ensure this process runs smoothly all affected customers are encouraged to sign up for either Direct Deposit or an Electronic Payment Card immediately.
To sign up for Direct Deposit or an Electronic Payment Card, visit www.childsupport.ca.gov/state-disbursement-unit and select “Person Receiving Support” then follow all prompts to select the option you want.
If you have any questions, contact us at Fresno County Department of Child Support Services at 866-901-3212. If you need to update your contact information log in to Customer Connect at the link below.
Customer Connect is California Child Support’s self-service platform, visit the Customer Connect site or view the Customer Connect video to learn more.
Child Support Services - Fresno County
Child Support Instructional Video
View Additional Instructional Videos
Videos Instructivos Sobre Child Support
Child Support Services Quick Tips
View additional Quick Tip Videos
We administer and implement the Federal Child Support Program for the State of California in Fresno County by assisting families with establishing parentage and the establishment and enforcement of child support and medical support in an equitable, timely and courteous manner. By encouraging parents to provide for their children, we promote the financial, medical and emotional well being of children. In the process, we are committed to improving the performance of the Fresno County Child Support Program and increasing total collections annually.
View important information about the Ombudsperson Program and Complaint Resolution. You may also want to read about the State Hearing process.