The non-accidental use of physical force that results or could have resulted in bodily injury, physical pain, or impairment.
- Nonconsensual sexual contact of any kind. It includes but is not limited to:
- Unwanted touching
- All types of sexual assault or battery such as rape, sodomy, and coerced nudity
- Sexually explicit photographing
- Forced exposure to pornography
- Unwanted sexual relations with a spouse, partner, significant other or anyone else
The illegal or improper use of a client’s funds, property or assets for personal gain or benefit.
Defined as the refusal or failure to fulfill any part of a person’s obligations or duties to another individual.
An adult’s refusal or failure to perform essential self-care tasks.
Psychological Abuse (Mental Suffering)
The infliction of fear, anguish, agitation, or other emotional distress through verbal or nonverbal acts.
Intentionally leaving or forsaking an individual.
The purposeful prevention of communication between an individual and others without the individual’s consent or knowledge when the action is not in the individual’s best interest.
The malicious taking or enticing away of an individual from California or keeping the individual from returning to California, when the individual lacks the capacity to consent or without consent of the conservator.