Bureau of Investigations (BOI)
It is the mission of the Bureau of Investigations to maintain professional and effective working relationships with all law enforcement agencies while working in partnership with the community to promote justice through leadership and personal integrity.
Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
As a Law Enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality and justice.
I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life. I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided in me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty. I will never act officiously or permit my personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.
I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession ... Law Enforcement.
As employees of the Fresno County District Attorney's Office, Bureau of Investigations, we believe:
- We perform the primary mission of this office in identifying, prioritizing, preventing and solving community problems through detailed evaluation and investigation of cases entrusted to this Office.
- We work with other law enforcement professionals in our community as partners in the process of enhancing public safety in Fresno County.
- We work together to ensure the success of all investigators and civilians in the performance of their assigned duties;
- We support ongoing change in organizational policies and procedures which strengthen our capacity and heighten our ability to serve the citizens of Fresno County; and
- We protect the Constitutional rights of all individuals.