Services We Provide

Click here to skip this content

Our Mission Statement

We administer and implement the Federal Child Support Program for the State of California in Fresno County by assisting families with establishing parentage and the establishment and enforcement of child support and medical support in an equitable, timely and courteous manner. By encouraging parents to provide for their children, we promote the financial, medical and emotional well being of children. In the process, we are committed to improving the performance of the Fresno County Child Support Program and increasing total collections annually.

Who We Are

Who We Are

The Child-Support Enforcement Program, authorized under Title IV-D of the Social Security Act, provides services to assist parents in their mutual obligation to financially support and provide health insurance for their child(ren). The Fresno County Department of Child Support Services is the local child support enforcement agency for all of Fresno County.

What We Do

What We Do

The Department of Child Support Services provides the following services:

  • Establishing Parentage
  • Locating a parent to establish parentage and/or child support, and enforcing payment of support
  • Establishing, modifying, and enforcing a court order to pay child support
  • Collecting and distributing child and spousal support payments
  • Establishing and enforcing medical support and child support orders
What We Can't Do

What We Can't Do

The Department of Child Support Services can't help you with:

  • Handling custody or visitation matters
  • Handling divorces
  • Obtaining or enforcing restraining orders
  • Establishing spousal support orders

What You Can Do

Things you can do to help your case:

  • Let us know the non-custodial parent's Social Security Number--it is our most valuable piece of information.
  • Let us know if you hear that the non-custodial parent has a new address, telephone number, or employer.
  • Let us know if you go to court and custody is changed or if the amount of child support to be paid is changed.
  • Let us know when you move and always make sure that we have a daytime telephone number so we can reach you.
  • The California Department of Social Services will notify us if aid is discontinued. We will continue to enforce your case unless you notify us in writing that you want our services stopped.
  • Let us know if you receive a direct payment of child or spousal support from the non-custodial parent. If you are receiving CalWORKS benefits you are required by law to mail the direct payment to us. If you are not receiving CalWORKS benefits, we request that you bring or mail the payment to us so your account will be accurate.

Like private attorneys, we expect and require your full cooperation and assistance. We do not know the other parent as well as you do and your knowledge, if relevant to collecting support, is important to us.