About the Clerk of the Board
The Office of the Clerk of the Board employs five full-time staff who are responsible for:
- Providing the Board of Supervisors with detailed Agendas and Supporting Documentation, so they may conduct the public’s business effectively at their meetings; as well as recording and publishing actions taken by the Board of Supervisors.
- Providing and maintaining dissemination of all board directives, policies and laws of the County’s legislative branch. Provides members of the public with agendas, notices of public hearings, access to public records and the opportunity to attend the open meetings of the Board of Supervisors. Provides copies of all records, including current and historical, that the Clerk of the Board is required to maintain; Assists other departments, entities and the public with research and retrieval of information; Retrieves and certifies documents for court.
- Preparing, updating and maintaining the official rosters of all Boards, Commissions and Committees as well as the names of appointees who serve at the pleasure of the Board. Administers oaths of office for various appointed Boards, Commissions and Committees members.
- Processing assessment appeal applications (Appeals); schedules and publishes hearings in accordance with legal requirements; maintains minutes and official records; provides administrative support to Assessment Appeal Board members; and provides assistance and education to the general public on assessment appeals process.
- Publishing the Fresno County Ordinance Code which contains all of the legislation passed into law by the Board of Supervisors with the exception of Land Use ordinances. The County Ordinance Code is published several times per year.
- Accepting and reviewing Statement of Economic Interests, Form 700. The Form 700 is a public document intended to alert public officials and members of the public to the types of financial interest that may create conflict of interest. Specified Officials must file their Form 700 with the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.