SUBRECIPIENT APPLICATION INFORMATION
On November 8, 2022, the County Board of Supervisors (County Board) “earmarked” an initial $4.22 million of its State Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF) for eligible activities that will serve the residents of Fresno County. It is anticipated that funding availability could potentially grow by March 2023.
Funding will be made available to local entities including, but not limited to: nonprofits, small business, community based organization, special districts, and County departments.
The County of Fresno is now soliciting proposals for the one-time SLFRF for projects, activities, or programs that will help the community respond and recover from the COVID-19, align with the priorities of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA), and further the County Board’s Priorities and Guiding Principles.
Prospective applicants are strongly urged to review Additional Funding(PDF, 82KB) areas created by ARPA prior to completing the SLFRF Subrecipient Application to ensure that the applicant's proposal is not eligible for funding in those areas.
SLFRF may be used for eligible activities under four general categories: Respond to the public health emergency or address its negative economic impacts;
- Respond to the public health emergency or address its negative economic impacts;
- Provide premium pay for essential workers;
- Replace public sector revenue loss, subject to certain limitations; and
- Investment in water and sewer infrastructure, and broadband infrastructure.
The County of Fresno is accountable to the United States Department of the Treasury for oversight of its subrecipients, and the County must ensure it and its subrecipients comply with all requirements of the SLFRF Program and reporting requirements. (Please review the Compliance and Reporting Guidance(PDF, 1MB) from the Department of the Treasury.)
On February 1, 2022, the County Board adopted a Subrecipient Selection Policy that will guide selection, monitoring, and oversight of future subrecipients.
Subrecipient Selection Policy - PDF(PDF, 198KB)
On June 21, 2022, the County Board adopted a Subrecipient Monitoring Policy that establishes the County’s procedures for monitoring the County’s subrecipients of the ARPA-SLFRF Program, to ensure each subrecipient’s compliance with all applicable federal statutes, regulations, and the terms and conditions of the County’s subawards to such subrecipients.
Subrecipient Monitoring Policy - PDF(PDF, 455KB)
Subrecipient Application (WORD Fillable)(DOCX, 130KB)
Subrecipient Application Key Dates and Deadlines
- November 18, 2022 – Subrecipient Application opens for 47 calendar days.
- November 29, 2022 – Zoom Webinar event with instructions and Q&A
- January 4, 2023 – Application deadline 5:00 p.m. PST
- January 2023 - February 2023 – Application Review and Vetting
- March - April 2023 – Funding recommendation presented to Fresno County Board of Supervisors
Please visit the links below for additional information:
Resources and Documents
HUD Qualified Census Tracts