If you are covering the cost of a COVID-19 funeral, FEMA may be able to help. You may qualify for up to $9,000 per funeral for expenses.
Visit the FEMA COVID-19 Funeral Assistance website to learn more.
FEMA will provide funeral assistance until September 30, 2025 to those who have lost loved ones due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Who is Eligible?
FEMA may provide COVID-19 Funeral Assistance to you if:
- You are a US citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified non-citizen.
- The death must have occurred in the United States, including the U.S. territories, and the District of Columbia.
- The death was attributed to COVID-19; and
- You are responsible for the eligible funeral expenses incurred on or after January 20, 2020.
- funeral home equipment or staff
- costs due to local or state government laws or ordinances
- transportation for up to two people to identify the person who died
- costs associated with producing death certificates
To learn more or to start an application, call 844-684-6333 | TTY: 800-462-7585
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time
Get answers to frequently asked questions about the application process on FEMA's Funeral Assistance FAQ page.