Open Your Heart. Open Your Home.
For additional information on becoming a Resource Family, please give us a call at
Learn more at the Foster, Adoptive, Kinship Parent Association of Fresno County website!
What is Resource Family Approval?
Resource Family Approval (RFA) is a new family friendly and child-centered caregiver approval process that combines elements of the current foster parent licensing, relative approval and approvals for adoption and guardianship and replaces those processes.
- Is streamlined: It eliminates the duplication of existing processes
- Unifies approval standards for all caregivers regardless of the child's case plan
- Includes a comprehensive psychosocial assessment, home environment check and training for all families, including relatives
- Prepares families to better meet the needs of vulnerable children in the foster care system
- Allows seamless transition to permanency