Persons Served 101

Image Persons Served 101

Learn More About Mental Health Services


We offer a variety of mental health services for people of all ages and backgrounds. If you’re not sure where to start or how to access treatment, you can learn more by reading our frequently asked questions below:

Consumer FAQ

Who do I call to get Mental Health Services?

Call the Fresno County Behavioral Health Access line at 1 800 654-3937 This number is available twenty-four hours a day seven days a week.


How do I apply for Medi-Cal?

You must contact the Fresno County Department of Social Services at 1 855 832-8082. An eligibility worker will assist you with your eligibility questions.


How do I find out if my Medi-Cal has been approved?

You may contact the Fresno County Department of Social Services at 1 855 832-8082 for information on your Medi-Cal status. An eligibility worker will be able to assist you. You may also call their automated system at (559) 600-1377 for information 24/7.


How do I file a complaint?

Grievance forms are available at all service sites. You may fill out a grievance form and mail it to Managed Care, or call the MHP at 1 800 654-3937


What kind of services (treatment) can I get at Mental Health Plan?

A wide variety of services are available including, counseling, medication, and case management for adult, children and families. Call 1 800 654-3937 for referrals to specific services.


What is a Fair Hearing?

It pertains to the Medi-Cal appeal process. If you feel that your Medi-Cal services have been reduced or denied, your may make a request by contacting the Department of Social Services Fair Hearing Division or complete the State Fair Hearing Form available at all service sites. Your complaint will be heard through an administrative law judge. You may also apply for a fair hearing if you feel you have been mistreated in any way or are not receiving the services you think you need.


What is Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS)?

TBS is a service for children and youth who are transitioning to a "lower" level of care, or who are needing support to stay at the level of care they are currently receiving. TBS provides individualized support to help children and youth through this transition. For more information call 1 800 654-3937


More Information

 14211-Handbook-Tile.png  14213-PrivacyNotice-Tile.png  16210-Programs-and-Services-Button.png
 Become a Contract Provider Button@2x.png    


If you have a Behavioral Health emergency
please call 9-1-1

For Access to Services or the Crisis Line,
1 800 654-3937

 CalHOPE Warm Line
1 833 317-HOPE(4673)

Central Valley Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1 800 273-8255