Organized Camps

Organized Camp Information

Environmental Health Specialists inspect organized camps for compliance with State and local laws pertaining to maintenance, use, and occupancy of these facilities.

These camps are usually operated by church groups, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and YMCA type organizations offering programs of organized, supervised activities for the primary purpose of providing outdoor group living experiences.

Organized camps which do not operate on a year year-round basis must submit an annual written notice of intent to operate at least 30 days prior to operation. Camps operating year-round are only required to submit this "intent" letter at the time of initial start-up.

The letter of intent shall be submitted to the Fresno County Environmental Health Division which will notify the State Fire Marshall of the camp's intent to operate. A copy of the notification to the State Fire Marshall will be sent to the camp by the Environmental Health Division.

Organized Camp Plan Checks

Plans must be submitted to both the Fresno County Department of Public Works and Planning, and the Environmental Health Division for review and approval when constructing or remodeling organized camp facilities.

Fresno County Environmental Health Division
PO Box 11867
Fresno CA 93775-1867

Fresno County Department of Public Works and Planning
2220 Tulare Street
Fresno CA 93721
Telephone (559) 600-4540

Pay Your Bill

If you have an existing account and are paying on an invoice, please include your FA or AR number. ALL OTHER PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE ON AN ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH APPLICATION.Ifyou have not received an Environmental Health application for payment from an inspector for a new business or for construction plan review, please contact this office FIRST BEFORE MAKING PAYMENT.  An Environmental Health application is necessary to ensure that your payment is posted to the correct account. 

Environmental Health no longer accepts cash payments. There are several options available to pay your invoice:

  1. Online Payment (credit card, debit, or e-check)
  2. Pay by Phone: 1-888-567-6459 (credit card or e-check)
  3. Pay in Person: payments made at our office must be in the form of a check, money order or credit card.

If you need assistance, please contact our office at (559) 600-3357.