Emerging Infectious Diseases
Infectious diseases remain a continual danger to everyone. Some diseases have been effectively controlled with the help of modern technology. Yet new diseases (e.g., SARS, West Nile Virus infection, etc.) are constantly appearing. Others such as malaria, tuberculosis, and bacterial pneumonias, are now appearing in forms that are resistant to drug treatments.
- What Is an Influenza Pandemic?
- How Does Seasonal Flu Differ From Pandemic Flu?
- Questions and Answers About Pandemic Flu?
Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
- Find out what you should know about SARS
West Nile Virus
- West Nile Virus Fact Sheet
- Q & A West Nile Virus
For more information:
Communicable Disease Outreach
Location: 1221 Fulton Street, Fresno, CA 93721
P.O. Box 11867, Fresno CA 93775-1867
Phone: (559) 600-3332
Fax: (559) 600-7607
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am-5pm