Requests for inspection or copies of public records
Public records maintained by the FCDPH are available for inspection by members of the public pursuant to the Public Records Act (PRA) which is contained in the California Government Code beginning at section 6250.
- Requests for public records may be made online, in person, by mail, telephone or fax. The FCDPH encourages requesters to submit their requests in writing to avoid miscommunication regarding the records being sought, and to help ensure that the requesters get the records as soon as possible. Unless made in person, requests should be submitted via the Public Records Request Form.
- In order for the FCDPH to locate the requested records, the request must clearly describe an identifiable record. The FCDPH is available to assist in formulating the request. Whenever possible, a request should provide the following information:
- Names of the people, places and/or things the records involve;
- The period of time for which the records are being sought; and
- The program, office, or division of the FCDPH that created or maintains the records.
- If a request is made for records in electronic format, and the FCDPH maintains them in electronic format, the FCDPH will produce them in the electronic format in which it maintains them.
Public Records Act Requests
Public Health Communication
Our Location: 1221 Fulton Street, 6th Floor
P.O. Box 11867, Fresno CA 93775-1867
Phone: (559) 600-3200 FAX: (559) 600-7687
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm